Monday, December 17, 2012

Engaged

November 28, 2012. I'm sorry it has taken me so long to write this, life has been a whirl-wind since then. Since the night Matt proposed I have taken 4 exams, moved out of my house in Starkville, moved to Ridgeland, graduated college, started a job, and slowly begun to plan a wedding. Needless to say, it's been busy..and I've enjoyed all of it. I am ready for Christmas and the chance to celebrate with my family! I know several people have asked both of us, so I wanted to write out the engagement story to share with all of our dear friends.

11.28.2012
Matt and I had been out to dinner and he dropped me off at home for the night. After he left I was getting ready for bed and chatting with my roommate, Kathleen. Matt called to say he was stopping by with Rooster. I told him I was about to go to sleep, so I didn't understand why he was determined to stop back by. **(About a year ago Matt and I started a journal that we would write back and forth in. We would take turns writing the other one a sweet note, or just taping a picture in. Naturally, Matt never wrote me back from last September.) When he got their with Rooster he casually mentioned he had written me back in our journal. He was determined that I sit down and read it immediately, which I didn't understand. I finally sat down, with no idea I was about to read the sweetest love letter I could ever imagine and my life was about to change forever. The letter was amazing, but I still had no idea what was coming. The last line simply said, "I think it is time we ended this dating thing and move on to bigger and better things" with an arrow pointing for me to flip the page. Somehow, I am still clueless as to what is coming.
The next page said "Will You Marry Me?" and the center square of the journal was hollowed out with a ring in the middle.
 Matt tried to get down on one knee but I was to busy screaming and hugging him.
The moment was perfect. Simply perfect.
We've been together since we were 16 years old, and now we're going to be married. I could not be happier. I am the luckiest girl in the world.

Thank you to all of our sweet sweet friends who have shared these last seven years with us, as well as the last few weeks as an engaged couple. We appreciate and love all of you and we cannot wait to share this next part of our life with y'all.

Cheers to becoming Mrs. Matthew Constantine Asters.

Stay tuned for wedding updates  : )





Annie, she was the first person we told. We had to Facetime her.


XOXO, MS




No comments:

Post a Comment